17 April 2012

Spiritual Refreshment...

16 April 2012

Most may not know it, but in my village and the surrounding villages, we are in a bit of a crisis. What seems strange is it seems like many here don’t see it as such.

Something has happened with an essential part in the treatment process as water is pumped from the river to be pumped into the village systems. The answer I received was, “The reservoir has spoiled.”

Just one month ago, few people went to the riverside for more than just a leisurely day of washing clothes. Now, people are forced to fetch water for their every need. Many are buying purified water in sachets for drinking, quite an expense for many families. Even the purified water is scarce as it is the piped water that is purified and bagged. Today I visited a man named Evans. He and his wife have been absolutely incredible and if there is anyone here that I would consider my family, its THEM! They look after me so well and have assisted me in learning everything from formal greetings to the easiest way to prepare Banku!

Each time we leave their house, they give us water. First it was one bag, then it was four, then five, then six!  Even in a time when their water business was at a standstill, they still gave. Today I noticed they had a huge cistern hauled in with water so they could continue their business.

There is no way this problem could go on so long in a more developed country. My biggest questions deal with health. What will happen to people here if they don’t have treated water? What health issues will arise? Will the young children be okay?

Most people bath twice a day. As water is rationed, we try to just stay clean. Although I went to farm and played with kids today, I just washed my legs and my hands before heading to bed. My dishes have been waiting since yesterday. And I will NEED to wash clothes soon.

Just before we left for Accra we got so low we were forced to fetch water at the riverside. Then, in the night, the water came on enough to almost fill one big tub of water. We are now low again. Its only me in the house for the most part so I’m praying God will provide what’s needed! Jehovah Jireh!

Water is a necessity. So is the living water. Some of our leaders in ministry have experienced a time in our life where we have been parched and unsure, or unmotivated, of what to do next. After a lengthy conversation and insight and honesty, this morning was devoted to personal time in the Word and group time in the Word.

God is faithful and gave water to His thirsty ones! And we drank, and drank, and drank. And then for the rest of the morning were drunk with the happiness and joy that comes from time in His presence, that comes from Living Water flowing into the parched life!

And just like God does...He poured out his blessings...more than we could contain.............please see the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment